Zucchini slice makes for the ultimate meat free easy dinner. Not only is it a great meal with a side salad, it’s also perfect served in lunch boxes, and even baked in a muffin tin.
This zucchini slice is in our regular rotation for both lunches and dinners. It’s great both warm and cold, which makes it the perfect picnic food. Best of all, it’s one of those meals that everyone is sure to love. My kids can’t get enough of this slice!
Zucchini recipe ideas
Zucchini is such a versatile vegetable. It’s great stir fried, steamed and grated to bulk up meals. Take a look at these recipe ideas for more great ways to use zucchinis:
- Cheesy zucchini fritters
- Easy ham and zucchini slice
- Sweet potato and zucchini noodles
- Butter chicken lasagna
- Savoury muffins
- 1 onion, peeled and diced
- 2 large zucchinis, grated
- 1 cup tasty cheese, grated
- 1 cup self raising flour
- 5 eggs
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180c fan forced. Line a slice tin with baking paper and set aside.
- To a large mixing bowl add the onion, zucchini, cheese, self raising flour and eggs. Season with salt and pepper.
- Combine all ingredients until well combined. Transfer the mixture to the prepared slice tin and bake for 30 minutes, or until golden and firm when lightly touched.
- Slice and serve immediately, or alternatively cool and refrigerate in an airtight container until ready to serve.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 238Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 175mgSodium: 494mgCarbohydrates: 21gFiber: 2gSugar: 3gProtein: 13g