Zucchini slice makes for the ultimate meat free easy dinner. Not only is it a great meal with a side salad, it’s also perfect served in lunch boxes, and even baked in a muffin tin.
This zucchini slice is in our regular rotation for both lunches and dinners. It’s great both warm and cold, which makes it the perfect picnic food. Best of all, it’s one of those meals that everyone is sure to love. My kids can’t get enough of this slice!
Zucchini recipe ideas
Zucchini is such a versatile vegetable. It’s great stir fried, steamed and grated to bulk up meals. Take a look at these recipe ideas for more great ways to use zucchinis:
- Cheesy zucchini fritters
- Easy ham and zucchini slice
- Butter chicken lasagna
- Savoury muffins
- Thermomix zucchini slice
- Zucchini slice muffins
- Zucchini and corn fritters
- Carrot and zucchini slice
Store leftover zucchini slice in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. Reheat and eat warm, or enjoy cold straight from the fridge.
Zucchini slice is also suitable for freezing. Freeze in an airtight container for up to 3 months. Defrost in the fridge overnight before reheating or enjoying as is.
What do I do if my slice is browning too quickly
If you find your slice is browning too quickly before it has cooked all the way through, cover the slice loosely with a piece of aluminium foil.
Why is my zucchini slice soggy
The only liquid content in my zucchini slice is egg, and any liquid that comes out of the grated zucchini. While I find my zucchini slice always sets perfectly without needing to squeeze any liquid out of the zucchini, you may find you need to do this to avoid soggy slice.
How to serve zucchini slice
Zucchini slice is great served as it is, with a dollop of tomato or sweet chilli sauce on the side. It can also be transformed into a main meal by serving it with a side salad or two.
Zucchini slice can be enjoyed both warm or cold.
- 1 onion, peeled and diced
- 2 large zucchinis, grated
- 1 cup tasty cheese, grated
- 1 cup self raising flour
- 5 eggs
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180c fan forced. Line a slice tin with baking paper and set aside.
- To a large mixing bowl add the onion, zucchini, cheese, self raising flour and eggs. Season with salt and pepper.
- Combine all ingredients until well combined. Transfer the mixture to the prepared slice tin and bake for 30 minutes, or until golden and firm when lightly touched.
- Slice and serve immediately, or alternatively cool and refrigerate in an airtight container until ready to serve.
- Enjoy this slice warm or cold.
- Store leftover slice in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- This slice can be frozen in an airtight container for up to 3 months.
- The slice can be reheated in the microwave.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 238Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 175mgSodium: 494mgCarbohydrates: 21gFiber: 2gSugar: 3gProtein: 13g