These zucchini and corn fritters make the perfect lunch alternative to sandwiches, or even a light dinner when served with a side salad. They taste great, and kids always love them.
Fritters are one of those foods you can add anything you have on hand into, so feel free to mix up the recipe. Any vegetables that can be grated always work well.
Zucchinis are such a versatile vegetable. For more ideas on how to use them, take a look at the recipes below:
Ingredients and substitutions
To make these delicious fritters you will need:
- Self raising flour – The self raising flour can be substituted with a combination of 1 1/2 cups plain flour and 2 teaspoons baking powder.
- Milk – Whole fat milk was used in this recipe, but lighter fat varieties can also be used.
- Eggs – Large sized eggs were used in this recipe.
- Grated zucchini – Use freshly grated zucchinis.
- Canned corn kernels – Rr frozen if it’s what you have on hand.
- Grated tasty cheese – Or your favourite grated cheese.
- Salt and pepper – To taste.
- Olive oil – for frying
Store these fritters in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. Reheat using the oven or microwave, or eat cold.
These fritters are suitable for freezing. Freeze in an airtight container for up to 3 months. Thaw in the fridge before reheating.
- 1 1/2 cups self raising flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 medium zucchini, grated
- 1/2 cup grated tasty cheese
- 125g can corn kernels, drained
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- In a large mixing bowl combine the flour, milk, egg, grated zucchini, grated cheese and corn kernals. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat the olive oil large frying pan over a medium-high heat. Spoon the batter into the pan and cook for around 3 minutes each side, or until golden and cooked through.
- Repeat with the remaining batter, adding more olive oil as necessary.
Store these fritters in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
These fritters are suitable for freezing.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 364Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 67mgSodium: 845mgCarbohydrates: 44gFiber: 2gSugar: 6gProtein: 13g