This white chocolate mud cake is one delicious cake, and it couldn’t be any easier to make. This is one of those super simple one bowl recipes that is sure to impress.
This mud cake tastes great topped with so many different icings, but to make it the ultimate white chocolate cake, top it with a creamy white chocolate ganache.
Got an event coming up? The below recipes make the perfect celebration cakes:
What you need
To whip up this delicious cake you will need the following ingredients:
- Butter – I used salted but unsalted works just as well
- White chocolate – Any good quality white chocolate will do
- Caster sugar
- Milk – I used full cream but use what you have on hand
- Vanilla extract
- Plain flour
- Self raising flour
For the chocolate ganache
- White chocolate – Choose a good quality white chocolate
White chocolate mud cake recipe
- 225g butter
- 300g white chocolate
- 3/4 cup caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups plain flour
- 1 cup self raising flour
white chocolate ganache
- 225g white chocolate
- 1/3 cup cream
- Preheat the oven to 160c fan forced. Grease or line 2 x round cake tins.
- Place the butter and white chocolate in a large mixcrowave safe mixing bowl, and microwave in short bursts until melted, stirring in between.
- Stir through the caster sugar. Add the milk, eggs and vanilla extra and stir until well combined.
- Add the plain flour and self raising flour and stir until smooth and well combined.
- Divide the batter between the 2 cake tins. Bake for 30 minutes or until cooked through. Allow to cool completely.
- To make the ganache, add the white chocolate and cream to a microwave safe bowl and microwave in short bursts until melted, stirring in between. Place the ganache in the fridge until thickened to a spreadable consistency.
- Sandwich together the cakes with a little ganache, then top with the remaining ganache.
Store this cake in ana airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 558Total Fat: 33gSaturated Fat: 20gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 90mgSodium: 308mgCarbohydrates: 59gFiber: 1gSugar: 40gProtein: 7g