This Weetbix date loaf is so delicious it’s sure to be a hit with the entire family. It’s easy to whip up, tastes amazing and is also great for a school lunchbox treat.
Got a box of Weetbix to use up? Try these Weetbix recipes:
How to make Weetbix date loaf
Line a loaf tin with baking paper. Preheat the oven to 160c fan forced.
Add the crushed Weetbix, chopped dates, boiling water, brown sugar, canola oil and bi-carb soda to a large mixing bowl and stand for 5 minutes.
Add the self raising flour and egg to the Weetbix mixture and stir to combined.
Pour the mixture into the prepared loaf tin and bake for 45 minutes.
Weetbix Date Loaf recipe
- 4 Weetbix, crushed
- 1 cup dried dates, roughly chopped
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon bi-carb soda
- 1 cup self raising flour
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 160c. Line a loaf tin with baking paper and set aside.
- Add to a large mixing bowl the crushed Weetbix, chopped dates, boiling water, brown sugar, canola oil and bi-carb soda. Mix and allow to stand for 5 minutes.
- Add the self raising flour and the egg to the Weetbix mixture and mix until all ingredients are well combined.
- Transfer the mixture to the prepared load tin and smooth the top. Bake for 45 minutes, or until cooked through. Allow to cool before slicing and serving.
For an extra sweet treat top the loaf cake with chocolate icing once it has cooled.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 197Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 19mgSodium: 176mgCarbohydrates: 33gFiber: 2gSugar: 18gProtein: 3g