This Weetbix slice is an absolute classic recipe, and is one of those recipes you will make time and time again. It’s especially popular with kids, and makes a great lunch box treat.
This is the perfect recipe for using up any Weetbix you have sitting around. This slice starts with a delicious chocolate Weetbix base, and is then topped with an easy chocolate icing. It really doesn’t get any better than this.
What is Weetbix Slice
If you are yet to try Weetbix slice, you need to head for the kitchen right now and make a batch. It’s that good!
Like the name suggests, the main ingredient in Weetbix slice is Weetbix. The Weetbix biscuits are crushed and added to the other recipe ingredients. The slice is then baked, and once cooled is finished with a chocolate top layer.
The vegetable oil in the chocolate layer is also optional, it just helps stop the chocolate from cracking when you slice it up. If you prefer not to use vegetable oil, try substituting it with coconut oil.
Weetbix slice video tutorial
Other easy slice recipes:
You might also like to try:
How to make Weetbix slice
This is one of those very easy recipes that involves simply adding everything together in a bowl and mixing. It doesn’t get any quicker and easier than that.
To make the slice, first preheat the oven and line a slice tin with baking paper. Next, add the melted butter, egg, weetbix, cocoa powder, brown sugar and desiccated coconut to a large mixing bowl and stir until well combined.
Pour the mixture into the prepared slice tin and press down firmly.
Bake the slice for 15 minutes, then allow to cool completely in the tin.
To make the chocolate icing layer, combine the softened butter, icing sugar, cocoa powder and milk in a small mixing bowl. Mix with a spoon until smooth and well combined and spread over the cooled slice.
- 200g butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 12 Weetbix, crushed by hand
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- 50g softened butter
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Preheat oven to 160c. Line a slice tin with baking paper and set aside.
- Add all of the ingredients to a large bowl and mix until well combined.
- Pour the mixture into the slice tin and press down evenly. Bake for 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- To make the icing, add the butter, icing sugar, cocoa powder and milk to a small mixing bowl. Mix with a spoon until smooth and well combined. Spread over the cooled slice.
- If the icing is still too thick, thin with a little extra milk. If the icing is too runny, thicken with a little extra icing sugar.
- Sprinkle the finished slice with a little extra desiccated coconut if desired.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 18 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 229Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 37mgSodium: 93mgCarbohydrates: 24gFiber: 2gSugar: 14gProtein: 3g