This watermelon and rocket salad is the ultimate summer salad. With juicy watermelon, creamy feta and peppery rocket, it’s the perfect salad to accompany any summer BBQ.
The sweetness of watermelon is perfect in salads, especially when paired with rocket. The peppery taste of the rocket balances the sweet watermelon so well. This delicious salad is finished with a tangy balsamic dressing.
Feel free to use a bottled balsamic dressing if you prefer, but it’s so easy to whip up your own salad dressing that I always make my own as needed.
I love a good salad in summer. Grill some meat, whip up a few salads and you have the ultimate summery dinner. For more great salads, try these recipes below:
- Creamy pasta salad
- Roasted sweet potato quinoa salad
- Easy potato salad
- BLT salad
- Avocado and bacon pasta salad
Ingredients in watermelon salad
To make watermelon salad you will need the following ingredients:
- Rocket, or arugula
- Pine nuts
- Olive oil
- Balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper
Watermelon and Rocket Salad recipe
- 500g watermelon, cubed
- 100g feta, cubed
- 120g rocket leaves
- 20g pine nuts
For the dressing
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- Add the cubed watermelon, cubed feta, rocket leaves and pine nuts to a large salad bowl.
- To make the balsamic dressing, to a small screw to jar or small container with lid add the olive oil, balsamic vinegar and salt and pepper to taste. Shake until well combined.
- When ready to serve, pour the balsamic dressing over the salad and toss to combine.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 134Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 15mgSodium: 204mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 0gSugar: 6gProtein: 3g