Wagon Wheel Slice
This Wagon Wheel Slice features a soft biscuit base topped with a layer or raspberry jam, white fluffy marshmallow and dark chocolate. You can of course use any flavour jam you like, and even top it with white or milk chocolate. Try adding a little vegetable or coconut oil to the melted chocolate before spreading on the slice to help stop the chocolate layer cracking when slicing.
Want more? Take a look at our 14 Easy Slice Recipes.
- 125g butter, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1/2 cup raspberry jam
- 1/3 cup cold water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup boiling water
- 1 tablespoon gelatine
- 200g dark chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 160c. Line a slice tin with baking paper.
- Beat the butter and sugar in a stand mixer until well combined. Add the flour and mix until a dough forms. Press the dough into the slice tin and flatten with your fingers or the back of a spoon. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Allow the base too cool. Once cooled, spread the jam evenly over the base.
- Add the cold water and sugar to a stand mixer with a whisk attachment and mix for 3 minutes. Whisk the gelatine and boiling water together and add the the stand mixer. Mix for 8 minutes or until thick and white. Gently spread mixture over the slice.
- Melt the chocolate and spread over the marshmallow. Place in the fridge for an hour or so until set.