This rainbow coloured vegetable slice is so good in school lunchboxes, picnics or even an easy dinner with a side salad. It’s a bit like a zucchini slice, but with the addition of capsicum, carrot and corn kernels.
This savoury slice is incredibly easy to make. Simply mix everything together in a mixing bowl and bake in a slice tin. It’s great served both warm and cold!
What you need
To make this delicious vegetable slice you will need to following ingredients:
- Self raising flour – If you don’t have any self raising flour on hand, try combining 1 cup of plain flour with 1 teaspoon of baking powder.
- Eggs – Large sized eggs were used in this recipe.
- Tasty cheese – Grated tasty cheese was used in this slice, but this can be substituted with your favourite grated cheese. Try using a stronger cheese for extra flavour, or even combine 2 varieties of cheese.
- Corn kernels – Canned corn kernels taste best in this slice and are convenient to always have on hand.
- Capsicum – A red capsicum was used to make this slice, but the red can be substituted for yellow ir green.
- Zucchini – Use a fresh grated zucchini.
- Carrot – Grate a medium sized fresh carrot. If grating an unpeeled carrot, be sure to give the skin a good wash first.
- Salt and pepper
More slice recipes
- 1 cup self raising flour
- 1/2 cup tasty cheese
- 5 eggs
- 420g can corn kernels, drained
- 1 red capsicum, diced
- 1 medium zucchini, grated
- 1 medium carrot, grated
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 180c. Line a slice tin with baking paper and set aside.
- Add the flour, cheese, eggs, corn kernals, capsicum, carrot and zucchini to a large mixing bowl. Mix until well combined. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Transfer the mixture to the prepared slice tin. Smooth the surface. Bake for 30 minutes, or until golden and baked through.
- This slice is great served both warm or cold.
- Enjoy this slice on its own, with your favourite condiments or a side salad.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 232Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 165mgSodium: 573mgCarbohydrates: 28gFiber: 3gSugar: 5gProtein: 12g