This Turkish delight slice is so easy to make for something that tastes so delicious! This is a one bowl melt and mix style recipe that only takes a few minute to put together. The hardest part is waiting for it to set in the fridge.
What you need
To make this Turkish delight slice you will need the following ingredients:
- Biscuits – You will need a packet of plain sweet biscuits (cookies) for this recipe, which have been crushed.
- Butter – Salted butter was used in this recipe, although this can be substituted with unsalted butter.
- Turkish Delight – This recipe used 4 x 55g Turkish Delight bars.
- Sweetened condensed milk – Use full fat condensed milk. Only half the tin is needed for this recipe, so set the another half aside in the fridge for another recipe, such as this Lemon coconut slice.
- Desiccated coconut
- Milk chocolate – Use a good quality milk chocolate, as this is used for the top layer of the slice.
More slice recipes
- Lemon coconut slice
- Mars bar slice
- Apricot slice
- Jelly slice
- Passionfruit slice
- Apple sour cream slice
Step by step instructions
Step 1. Melt the butter
Add the butter, sweetened condensed milk and chopped Turkish Delight bars to a large microwave safe mixing bowl. Microwave in 30 second increments, stirring between each, until the butter has melted. The Turkish Delight itself will not melt, however the chocolate surrounding it will.
Step 2. Make the slice base
Add the crushed biscuits and desiccated coconut to the melted butter mixture. Mix until well combined. Transfer to a lined slice tin and press down with the back of a spoon. Set in the fridge for 2 hours.
Step 3. Top with melted chocolate
Melt the milk chocolate, then spread evenly over the slice. Allow to set in the fridge for 20 minutes, before slicing and returning to the fridge to set completely.
Store this slice in an airtight container for up to 7 days.
This slice is suitable for freezing. Freeze in an airtight container or zip lock bag for up to 3 months.
- 250g plain sweet biscuits, crushed
- 125g butter
- 1/2 tin / 200g sweetened condensed milk
- 4 x 55g Turkish Delight bars, roughly chopped
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 250g milk chocolate
- Add the butter, sweetened condensed milk and the chopped Turkish Delight bars to a large microwave safe mixing bowl. Microwave in 30 second increments, stirring in between, until the butter has melted.
- Add the crushed biscuits and desiccated coconut to the butter mixture and mix until well combined.
- Press the mixture into a lined slice tin with the back of a spoon. Place in the fridge for 2 hours to set.
- After 2 hours, melted the chocolate in a small microwave safe bowl in 10 second increments, until melted. Spread evenly over the slice. Place in the fridge to set for 20 minutes, before slicing and returning to the fridge to set completely.
- The butter mixture can also be melted using the stovetop. Place the butter, condensed milk and Turkish Delight into a small saucepan over a low heat. Cook, stirring, until the butter has just melted.
- Cut the slice 20 minutes after refrigerating the chocolate layer while the chocolate is still slightly soft, to avoid the chocolate layer cracking.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 18 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 248Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 20mgSodium: 164mgCarbohydrates: 26gFiber: 1gSugar: 17gProtein: 3g