If you’ve ever enjoyed the iconic Tim Tam biscuit, you know that each bite is a delicious journey into chocolatey bliss. Tim Tams and brownies are a match made in dessert heaven. We’ve taken the irresistible crunch, creamy centre, and rich chocolate coating of Tim Tams and incorporated them into decadent brownie creations that will leave your taste buds dancing.
Ingredients and substitutions
- Butter – Unsalted butter was used in this recipe, however salted butter can also be used. If using salted butter, consider reducing or omitting the added salt in the ingredient list.
- Dark chocolate – Use a good quality dark chocolate.
- White sugar – The white sugar can be substituted with brown sugar.
- Eggs – 3 large sized eggs were used in this recipe.
- Vanilla extract – The vanilla extract can be substituted with 1 teaspoon of vanilla essence.
- Salt – The salt amount can be increased or decreased to suit personal tastes.
- Plain flour (all purpose flour) – Use standard plain flour.
- Cocoa powder – Use a good quality unsweetened cocoa powder.
- Tim Tams – Use your preferred flavour of Tim Tams.
Step by step instructions
Melt the butter and chocolate in a microwave safe mixing bowl using the microwave.
Whisk the sugar, eggs and vanilla into the melted chocolate mixture.
Mix the flour, cocoa powder, salt and 3/4 of the chopped Tim Tams through the wet ingredients.
Pour the brownie batter into a 20cm square baking tin.
Top the brownie batter with the remaining chopped Tim Tams.
Bake the brownies for 25 minutes, or until cooked to your liking.
Store these brownies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days.
These brownies are suitable for freezing. Freeze in an airtight container for up to 3 months. Defrost at room temperature before enjoying.
- 125g unsalted butter
- 125g dark chocolate
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup plain flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 200g packet Tim Tams, roughly chopped, divided
- Preheat the oven to 160c and line a 20cm square tin with baking paper.
Place the chocolate and butter in a microwave safe bowl and melt in 30 second increments in the microwave.
- Add the sugar, eggs and vanilla to the bowl and whisk until well combined.
- Add the flour, cocoa powder, salt and 3/4 of the chopped Tim Tams to the bowl, and mix until combined.
- Pour the brownie batter into the prepared baking tin. Sprinkle over the remaining chopped Tim Tams.
- Bake the brownies for 25 minutes, or until the edges have just set and the centre is still soft. Allow to cool completely in the tin before removing and slicing.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days.
- Freeze in an airtight container for up to 3 months. Defrost at room temperature.
- Any flavour of Tim Tams will work great in this recipe.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 164Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 52mgSodium: 82mgCarbohydrates: 16gFiber: 1gSugar: 10gProtein: 2g