This Thermomix zucchini slice is now the only method I use for making zucchini slice. It saves so much time not having to grate the zucchini and cheese, and now making a zucchini slice is quicker than ever.
Zucchini slice is a regular staple in our family. It’s perfect for a meat-free dinner, and is also great for something different in school lunch boxes other than sandwiches.
Searching for new ways to get the most out of your Thermomix? Try the recipes below:
- Thermomix pumpkin soup
- Thermomix pizza dough
- Thermomix mashed potato
- Thermomix banana bread
- Thermomix jelly slice
Ingredients and substitutions
- Zucchini – Use freshly grated zucchini. The part or all of the zucchini could also be substituted for other grated vegetables, such as sweet potato, carrot or pumpkin.
- Onion – Use a yellow, white or even red onion.
- Tasty cheese – Use pre-grated cheese, or grate some yourself.
- Eggs – 5 large sized eggs were used in this recipe.
- Self raising flour – If you don’t have any self raising flour on hand, make your own by combining 1 cup of plain flour with 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder.
Store this zucchini slice in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. This slice is also suitable for freezing. Freeze in an airtight container for up to 3 months. Thaw in the fridge overnight before enjoying.
- 1 onion, peeled and quartered
- 2 zucchinis, chopped into 4 pieces
- 100g tasty cheese, chopped into large cubes
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup self raising flour
- Preheat the oven to 180c fan forced. Line a slice tin with baking paper.
- Add the onion, zucchini and cheese to the Thermomix bowl and grate 15 seconds/speed 5.
- Add the eggs and flour and mix 15 seconds/speed 4.
- Pour the mixture into the lined slice tin. Bake for 25 minutes or until cooked through and golden.
- Store this slice in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
- This slice is suitable to freeze.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 218Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 172mgSodium: 419mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 12g