Nothing beats a fresh scone with jam and cream, and these Thermomix scones make them easier than ever. The Thermomix does all of the mixing, so all you are left to do is shape the scones and bake them.
Scones are one of those recipes where you don’t want to overwork the dough, and that’s what makes this Thermomix version so great. The Thermomix mixes the butter into the flour while keeping the butter chilled, something that isn’t possible when using hands.
Searching for more Thermomix recipes? There are plenty to choose from below:
- Thermomix zucchini slice
- Thermomix pumpkin soup
- Thermomix pizza dough
- Thermomix mashed potato
- Thermomix banana bread
- Thermomix jelly slice
What you need
To make these quick and easy scones you will need:
- Self raising flour
Thermomix scones recipe
- 3 cups self raising flour
- 80g butter, chilled and cut into cubes
- 1 cup milk
- Preheat the oven to 180c. Line a baking tin with baking paper and set aside.
- Place the flour and butter in the Thermomix bowl and mix for 10 seconds/speed 7. The mixture should resemble braedcrumbs at his stage.
- Add the milk to the flour mixture and use the knead/dough setting for 30 seconds. The dough should be soft and sticky, add a little extra milk if necessary.
- Turn the mixture onto a floured surface. Gently press into a square shape and cut into 12 pieces.
- Place the scones closs together on the lined baking tray. Brush with a little extra milk if desired.
- Bake the scones for 12-15 minutes. The scones are done once they sound hollow when tapped.
- Allow to cool slightly before serving with jam and whipped cream.
Don't overwork the dough. Handling the dough as little is possible will help give the scones a lighter texture.
Store leftover scones in an airtight container at room temperature for 1 to 2 days.
These scones are suitable for freezing. Freeze in an airtight container for up to 3 months.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 169Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 16mgSodium: 425mgCarbohydrates: 24gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 4g