This Thermomix pumpkin soup is the easiest way to make pumpkin soup. The pumpkin, onion and garlic is roasted in the oven before making the soup, which gives the soup so much more flavour.
Once the vegetables have been roasted, the Thermomix does the rest of the work. Serve the soup with some crusty fresh bread and you have a complete meal.
After more soup recipes? The recipes below will give you plenty of inspiration:
- Potato and leek soup
- Chicken and corn soup
- Slow cooker chicken wild rice soup
- Slow cooker carrot soup
- Roasted pumpkin soup
- Roasted sweet potato soup
Ingredients in pumpkin soup
To make a batch of this quick and easy soup, you will need the following ingredients:
- Pumpkin – I prefer butternut but any pumpkin will work.
- Onion – I used brown but red would also work well.
- Garlic cloves – Fresh garlic tastes best in this soup, however the fresh garlic can be replaced with minced jar garlic.
- Chicken stock – The chicken stock can be substituted with vegetable stock.
- Fresh or dried thyme
- Olive oil – Use a good quality olive oil.
- Salt and pepper
Store leftover soup in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. Reheat until piping hot using the stovetop or microwave.
This soup is also suitable for freezing. Freeze in an airtight container for up to 3 months. Thaw in the fridge overnight before reheating using the above directions.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1kg butternut pumpkin, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 onion, peeled and cut into wedges
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and left whole
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme, or 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- Greek yoghurt or fresh cream, for serving, optional
- Pumpkin seeds for serving, optional
- Fresh thyme leaves for serving, optional
- Preheat the oven to 200c fan forced. Combine the pumpkin, onions, garlic and olive oil in a bowl. Transfer to a lined baking tray and roast for 25-30 minutes or until golden and tender.
- Add the roasted vegetables to the Thermomix bowl along with the chicken stock. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Blend for 1 minute/speed 9.
- Add the thyme to the Thermomix bowl and cook for 10 minutes/speed 1.10 minutes.
- Spoon into serving bowls and if desired dollop in a little Greek yogurt or fresh cream. Garnish with pumpkin seeds and more thyme.
- This recipe is suitable to make in any thermo machine.
- Be sure not to exceed the maximum fill line on the bowl, as this may result in splashing and burns. Reduce the amount of stock if necessary.
- This soup is suitable to freeze in an airtight container.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 362Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 16mgSodium: 377mgCarbohydrates: 48gFiber: 11gSugar: 12gProtein: 13g