Potato and leek soup is always a favourite, but this Thermomix potato and leek soup makes it easier than ever. This soup is the perfect lunch, and it also makes a great dinner when served with crusty fresh bread.
From chopping to cooking and blending, the Thermomix does all the work in this recipe. That means less dishes and more hands-off cooking time.
Searching for more soup inspiration? Take a look at the delicious recipes below:
- Thermomix pumpkin soup
- Chicken and corn soup
- Slow cooker chicken wild rice soup
- Slow cooker carrot soup
- Roasted pumpkin soup
- Cheesy broccoli soup
- Roasted sweet potato soup
What you need
To make this quick and easy Thermomix version of the classic soup you will need:
- Chicken or vegetable stock
- Thickened cream
- Salt and pepper
Thermomix potato and leek soup recipe
- 2 leeks, chopped into chunks
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 30g butter
- 750g potatoes, peeled and diced
- 4 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 150ml cream
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Add the leek and garlic to the Thermomix bowl. Chop 5 seconds/speed 5.
- Add the butter. Cook 5 minutes/speed 1/100c.
- Add the potatoes. Cook 5 minutes/speed 1/100c.
- Add the stock. Cook 20 minutes/speed 2/100c/no MC. (be sure not to exceed the maximum fill line of your machine. Use less stock if necessary).
- Allow the soup to cool slightly, then puree 45 seconds, increasing the speed to 8.
- Add the cream and season with salt and pepper. Cook 3 minutes/speed 2/100c.
Be sure not to exceed the maximum fill line of your bowl when adding the stock. Use less stock if necessary to keep under the maximum line.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 679Total Fat: 38gSaturated Fat: 18gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 17gCholesterol: 186mgSodium: 420mgCarbohydrates: 47gFiber: 5gSugar: 5gProtein: 39g