This Thermomix pizza dough could just be the easiest way to make pizza dough. The Thermomix does all of the hard work in a fraction of the time.
This recipe is my go-to pizza dough recipe. It works perfectly every time, and also makes amazing savoury scrolls.
After more great ways to use our Thermomix or other thermo machine? Take a look at the recipes below:
- Thermomix mashed potato
- Thermomix banana bread
- Thermomix jelly slice
- Thermomix pumpkin soup
- Thermomix rice
- Thermomix whole orange cake
Tips for making the perfect pizza dough
Follow these tips to ensure your pizza dough turns out perfectly every time:
- Use bread flour. Plain flour will work fine if it’s all you have, but bread flour will give you a better end result.
- Ensure your yeast is still active, otherwise your dough will not rise. To do this, 1 teaspoon of sugar and 2 teaspoon of yeast to 1/4 cup warm water. Let it sit for 10 minutes. If the mixture bubble up, your yeast is still active.
- Allow the dough to double in size before rolling into pizza bases. It can be tempting to skip this step, but the end result is worth it.
Ingredients and substitutions
- Bread flour – It’s best to use a strong bread flour, but ordinary plain flour can be used if necessary.
- Lukewarm water – Too cold and the yeast will not activate, too hot and it will kill the yeast.
- Olive oil – Use a good quality olive oil. The olive oil could also be substituted with 1/4 cup melted butter.
- Instant dried yeast
- 4 cups bread flour
- 1 1/2 cups lukewarm water
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons instant dried yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- pinch sugar
- Add the bread flour, lukewarm water, olive oil, yeast, salt and sugar to the Thermomix bowl. Mix together speed 5/10 seconds.
- Knead the dough using interval speed 4/2 minutes.
- Transfer the dough to a lightly greased bowl and cover. Sit in a warm place for 30 minutes or until the dough doubles in size.
- Punch down the dough. Turn onto a lightly floured surface, divide into 3 portions if making full sized pizzas, and roll into your desired shape.
- Top with your desired pizza toppings and bake at 200c fan forced for around 12-15 minutes, or until the base is cooked through and toppings are golden.
This pizza dough is suitable to be make in any thermo machine.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 414Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 358mgCarbohydrates: 67gFiber: 3gSugar: 0gProtein: 11g