Move over stand mixers! The Thermomix is the easiest way to make cakes, and this Thermomix lemon cake is no exception. This cake has the most amazing lemon flavour, and is topped with a sweet and lemony glaze.
Make the most of lemon season and whip up one of these cakes today.
More Thermomix recipes
If you are as obsessed with your Thermomix as I am, you are going to love these Thermomix recipes:
- Thermomix whipped cream
- Thermomix rice
- Thermomix potato and leek soup
- Thermomix scones
- Thermomix zucchini slice
- Thermomix pumpkin soup
- Thermomix banana bread
- 125g butter
- 180g sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Rind of 1 lemon
- 40g fresh lemon juice
- 300g self raising flour
- 200g milk
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, extra
- Preheat the oven to 160c fan forced. Line a loaf tin with baking paper and set aside.
- Add the butter and sugar to the Thermomix and cream for speed 5/1 minute.
- Add the lemon zest, lemon juice, eggs and vanilla extract. Mix speed 5/30 seconds.
- Add the flour and milk. Mix speed 5/1 minutes.
- Pour the cake batter into the prepared tin and bake for 50 minutes, or until cooked through.
- All the cake to cool in tin completely.
- Once the cake has cooled, add the icing sugar and extra lemon juice, a little at a time, to a mixing bowl. Mix until well combined and a glaze of thick pouring consistency has been reached. You may need to use more or less of the lemon juice than the recipe states. Pour the glaze over the cake and allow to sit until the glaze has set.
Store this cake in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.
This cake is suitable for freezing. Store slices of the cake in an airtight container for up to 2 months.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 338Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 66mgSodium: 463mgCarbohydrates: 54gFiber: 1gSugar: 30gProtein: 5g