Try these Thermomix brownies and you might never make brownies another way again. These brownies are perfectly fudgy with a slightly crisp top.
These brownies have an amazingly rich chocolate flavour, containing both cocoa powder and melted dark chocolate. You could make them even more chocolately by adding chocolate chips or chocolate chunks.
Ingredients and substitutions
- Butter – Salted butter was used in this recipe, however unsalted butter can also be used. If using unsalted butter, you may like to add a pinch of salt to the batter.
- Dark chocolate – Use a good quality dark chocolate.
- White sugar – The white sugar could be substituted with brown sugar, or a mixture of white sugar and brown sugar.
- Vanilla extract – The vanilla extract can be substituted with vanilla essence.
- Eggs – 3 large sized eggs were used in this recipe.
- Plain flour – It’s best to use plain flour in this recipe, as you won’t want the brownies to rise at all.
- Cocoa powder – Use a good quality unsweetened cocoa powder.
Store these brownies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.
These brownies are suitable for freezing. Freeze in an airtight container for up to 3 months. Defrost at room temperature before enjoying.
- 125g butter, chopped
- 125g dark chocolate
- 180g white sugar
- 4g (1 teaspoon) vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 95g plain flour
- 25g cocoa powder
- Preheat the oven to 160c fan forced. Line a square cake tin with baking paper and set aside.
- Add the chopped butter and chocolate to the Thermomix bowl. Melt for 3 minutes/ speed 2/ 80c.
- Add the sugar and vanilla to the bowl. Combine 20 seconds/ speed 4.
- Add the eggs and combine 10 seconds/ speed 4.
- Add the flour and cocoa powder and combine 10 seconds/ speed 4.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking tin and bake for 25 minutes, or until the top has just set but the centre is still soft.
- Allow to cool completely in the tin before removing and slicing.
- Take care not to overmix the brownie batter.
- Store the brownies in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
- These brownies are suitable for freezing.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 184Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 52mgSodium: 66mgCarbohydrates: 22gFiber: 1gSugar: 15gProtein: 3g