Banana bread is one of those staple baked treats that we all love, but this recipe makes it even easier with a Thermomix. In no time at all you will have a freshly baked loaf of banana bread ready for an afternoon snack or lunch box treat. Banana bread is the perfect way to use up those over-ripe bananas.
Make this banana bread as is, or create your own version by adding some chocolate chips, sultanas or chopped nuts.
Bananas are such a versatile baking ingredient. Not only do they add a great flavour, but they also make the texture of anything baked even better. Take a look at these banana recipes for more inspiration:
- 3 ingredient banana bread
- Chocolate banana muffins
- Caramilk banana bread
- Banana caramilk muffins
- Banana cake
- Banana honey pikelets
- Sugar free banana muffins
Tips for making the perfect banana bread
- Do not overmix that batter. The banana bread will have a much lighter texture if the batter is mixed until just combined.
- Use ripe bananas for this recipe, the riper the better.
- Frozen bananas can be used in this recipe, simply adjust the mixing time for the wet ingredients as needed.
- If adding sultanas, chocolate chips or chopped nuts to the banana bread, fold them through just before pouring the batter into the loaf tin.
Thermomix banana bread recipe
- 1 3/4 cups self raising flour
- 1/4 teaspoon bi carb soda
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 75g butter, melted
- 2 large ripe bananas, mashed
- Preheat the oven to 170c fan forced. Line a loaf tin with baking paper and set aside.
- Add the butter to the Thermomix bowl and melt at 100c speed 1 for 2 minutes.
- Add the bananas, eggs and milk. Mix on speed 6 for 10 seconds.
- Add the self raising flour, bi carb soda and brown sugar. Mix on speed 5 for 10 seconds. Scrape the sides and mix again on speed 5 for 5 seconds.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf tin and bake for 55 minutes to an hour, until golden and cooked through.
Store the banana bread in an airtight container at room temperature.
This banana bread is suitable to freeze.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 173Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 45mgSodium: 274mgCarbohydrates: 26gFiber: 1gSugar: 10gProtein: 3g