Strawberries and Cream Baileys Cheesecake Balls
I have always been a bit of a fan of Baileys and the many flavour varieties it comes in, so I was very excited to find this new Baileys Strawberries and Cream in my nearest Dan Murphy’s store.
While I love the taste of the original Bailey’s, I find it a little strong on it’s own and generally need to mix it with something. That’s not the case with the strawberries and cream version. The flavour is so delicious that I find it very easy to drink on it’s own. The flavour is so good that I decided to turn it into a dessert.
These Strawberries and Cream Baileys Cheesecake Balls combine the new Baileys with cream cheese and crushed biscuits to make a sweet and creamy mixture, which is then shaped into a ball and coated in white chocolate. The end result is so good, you will find it hard to stop at just one.
To make these strawberries and cream Baileys cheesecake balls, first leave the cream cheese out of the fridge for a little while to come up to room temperature. Crush the biscuits either in a food processor, or by placing the biscuits in a zip lock bag and bashing with a rolling pin.
Place the crushed biscuits in a large mixing bowl along with the softened cream cheese and the Strawberries and Cream Baileys. Mix until well combined.
Roll tablespoons full of mixture into balls and place on a line tray. If you find the mixture is a little sticky, try wetting your hands before rolling the balls. Once all the mixture has been rolled, melt the white chocolate in another mixing bowl and coat each of the strawberries and cream balls in the melted chocolate.
Place the coated strawberries and cream cheesecake balls in the fridge until set, and keep in the fridge until ready to serve.
- 250g packet plain biscuits
- 250g cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 80ml Strawberries and Cream Baileys
- 200g white chocolate
- Crush the plain biscuits in a food processor. If you don't have a food processor, place the biscuits in a zip lock bag and bash with a rolling pin.
- Add the crushed biscuits to a large mixing bowl along with the cream cheese, white sugar and Strawberries and Cream Baileys. Mix together until well combined.
- Roll tablespoons full of the cheesecake mixture into balls using your hands. If you find the mixture is sticking to your hands, wet your hands before rolling the mixture.
- Melt the white chocolate, then coat each of the cheesecake balls in the melted white chocolate. Place the coated Baileys cheesecake balls in the fridge to set, and keep in the fridge until ready to serve.