Spinach cob loaf is a staple at any Australian party. This cob loaf is perfect for entertaining, and is guaranteed to disappear fast!
This cob loaf is incredibly easy to make. It’s as simple as warming the ingredients together, and baking the dip inside the cob loaf.
Spinach is such a versatile, healthy and delicious ingredient. For more ways to use spinach take a look at the recipes below:
- Spinach and ricotta rolls
- Easy spinach and tomato tortellini
- Spinach and feta pull apart bread
- Baked feta and tomato pasta
- Creamy Tuscan chicken
- Slow cooker butter chicken
Ingredients in spinach cob
- Cob loaf, either white, multigrain or wholemeal
- Frozen spinach
- Cream cheese
- Sour cream
- French onion soup sachet
Spinach cob loaf recipe
- 1 cob loaf
- 250g frozen spinach
- 250g cream cheese
- 300ml sour cream
- 40g French onion soup sachet
- Preheat the oven to 200c fan forced. Cut the top off the cob loaf, and pull out the inside of the cob, leaving the crusty outside in tact. Place the cob and bits of bread on a baking tray and bake while making the filling.
- Heat the spinach in a small medium saucepan until defrosted. Squeeze out some of the liquid.
- Add the cream cheese, sour cream and contents of the French onion soup sachet to the spinach. Stir to combine, and continue stirring over a low-medium heat until warm.
- Pour the spinach dip into the cob loaf and return to the oven for 5 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 129Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 35mgSodium: 100mgCarbohydrates: 4gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 3g