Perfect as a snack, lunch or dinner, these spinach and ricotta rolls are amazing. They feature a flavour filled spinach and ricotta filling, surrounded by crispy puff pastry and topped with sesame seeds. It’s impossible to stop at just one.
These rolls are a bit like sausage rolls, but minus the meat filling. They are perfect for school lunch boxes, and even make a great dinner. Just serve warm with salads or vegetables on the side and you have the perfect meat free meal.
More spinach recipes
Store these spinach and ricotta rolls in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
These rolls are suitable for freezing. Freeze in an airtight container or zip lock bag for up to 3 months.
- 250g frozen spinach
- 375g ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- Pinch of nutmeg
- Salt and pepper
- 4 sheets puff pastry
- 1 egg, extra, beaten
- Sesame seeds
- Preheat the oven to 180c. Line two baking trays with baking paper.
- Place the frozen spinach in a large microwave safe bowl and defrost in the microwave. Squeeze out as much liquid as possible.
- Add to the spinach the ricotta, parmesan, egg, minced garlic, nutmeg and salt and pepper. Mix until well combined
- Remove the puff pastry from the freezer and defrost at room temperature. Cut each of the sheets of puff pastry in half.
- Divide the spinach mixture into 8 equal portions, and place a portion in a line on the edge of each piece of pastry. Roll into a log and slice into 4 equal sized rolls.
- Place each of the rolls on the prepared baking trays and brush on the beaten egg with a pastry brush. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25 minutes, or until the pastry is puffed and golden.
- Enjoy while warm as they are or with your favourite dipping sauce. Store any uneaten rolls in an airtight container in the fridge.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 219Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 66mgSodium: 280mgCarbohydrates: 12gFiber: 2gSugar: 0gProtein: 12g