This slow cooker beef and broccoli is the ultimate quick and easy dinner, and it tastes just as good, if not better, than the takeaway version. Just throw everything in the slow cooker and let it do all of the work.
This is a seriously easy dinner! Simple throw the sauce ingredients and beef strips into the slow cooker, stir to coat and leave them to slow cook. Then half an hour before serving, add the broccoli florets and thicken with cornflour. It’s as easy as that.
Slow cooker recipes
After more slow cooker recipe inspiration? Check out the recipes below:
- Slow cooker Mongolian beef
- Slow cooker glazed carrots
- How to make slow cooker caramel
- Slow cooker chicken wild rice soup
- Slow cooker carrot soup
Ingredients in slow cooker beef and broccoli
Wondering what ingredients you need to make this quick and easy meal, aside from the beef and broccoli? Take a look below:
- Beef stir fry strips
- Beef stock
- Low salt soy sauce
- Oyster sauce
- Brown sugar
- Sesame oil
- Garlic cloves, minced
- Broccoli, cut into florets
How to make beef and broccoli
To make this delicious slow cooker recipe, add to the slow cooker the beef stock, low salt soy sauce, oyster sauce, brown sugar, sesame oil and garlic cloves. Stir to combine. Add the beef strips and stir to coat. Cook on high for 2 1/2 hours.
Combine the cornflour with the water, then add to the slow cooker and mix to combine. Stir through the broccoli florets. Cook on high for a further 30 minutes.
Serve over rice or noodles. This beef and broccoli can also be frozen for up to 3 months.
Slow cooker beef and broccoli recipe
- 500g stir fry beef strips
- 1 cup beef stock
- 1/4 cup low salt soy sauce
- 1/4 cup oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 medium heads of broccoli, cut into florets
- 2 tablespoons cornflour (corn starch)
- 1/4 cup water
- To the bowl of a slow cooker add the beef stock, low salt soy sauce, oyster sauce, brown sugar, sesame oil and garlic cloves. Stir until well combined. Add the beef strips and stir through to coat.
- Slow cook for 2 1/2 hours on high. Combine the cornflour and water in a small bowl and add to the slow cooker. Add the broccoli florets, give everything a stir, and cook on high for a further 30 minutes.
- Serve over rice or noodles.
- This beef and broccoli and be frozen for up to 3 months.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 303Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 48mgSodium: 1544mgCarbohydrates: 19gFiber: 5gSugar: 6gProtein: 21g