These savoury muffins are perfect for lunch boxes. They are freezer friendly, and it’s one of those recipes you can easily substitute the vegetables for anything you have on hand. The combinations are endless.
How to make savoury muffins
Ready to make a batch of these savoury muffins? Before making a start on the muffin mix, first preheat the oven to 180c. Grease 2 x 6 hole muffin tins and set aside while you make a start on the mixture.
Add to a large mixing bowl the self raising flour, grated tasty cheese, grated zucchini, diced ham and corn kernals. Season with a little salt and pepper. Mix until all ingredients are well combined.
Add the milk and egg to a measuring jug and whisk with a fork until well combined. Pour the milk mixture into the flour mixture and stir until just combined. Divide the muffin mixture between the muffin tins.
Bake the muffins in the oven for around 15-20 minutes, or until the muffins are cooked through and spring back when lightly touched. These muffins are great served warm of cold.
Other lunch box recipes
In need of more lunch box inspiration? Look no further than the lunch box friendly recipes below, many of which can even be frozen:
- Weetbix Slice
- Apricot Balls
- Easy Ham and Zucchini Slice
- Homemade LCM Bars
- Homemade Tiny Teddy Biscuits
Savoury Muffins recipe
- 1 1/2 cups self raising flour
- 1 cup tasty cheese, grated
- 1 small zucchini, grated
- 3 slices ham, finely diced
- 100g corn kernals, fresh or frozen
- 1 teaspoon dried chives
- Salt and pepper, for seasoning
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 180c. Grease 2 x 6 hole muffins tins and set aside.
- Add to a large mixing bowl the self raising flour, grated cheese, grated zucchini, diced ham, corn kernals and dried chives. Season with a little salt and pepper. Mix well until all ingredients are combined.
- Add the milk and egg to a measuring jug, and whisk with a fork until well combined.
- Pour the milk and egg mixture into the flour mixture, and stir until just combined. Divide the mixture between the greased muffin tins.
- Bake for around 15-20 minutes, or until the muffins are cooked through and spring back when lightly touched. Serve warm or cold.