Savoury mince is the perfect quick and easy, yet versatile dinner. It’s loved by kids and adults alike, and there are so many ways to serve it. This is one to add to your regular weeknight recipe rotation.
Savoury mince is also perfect for cooking in bulk and freezing. Simply double (or more) the recipe, serve some for dinner tonight and freeze the rest. It’s such a budget friendly dish, and is especially great on cold winter nights.
More recipes using beef mince
Beef mince is such a versatile meat, and it’s always a favourite with kids. For more recipe ideas using beef mince, take a look below:
What is savoury mince
Savoury mince is made using beef mince and vegetables, which are cooked in a saucy gravy. The vegetables used are typically onion, carrot, celery and frozen vegetables, but this is one of those meals that is perfect for using up any vegetables lurking in the fridge.
What to serve with savoury mince
Try serving savoury mince with:
- Mashed potato
- Boiled potatoes
- On toast
Store leftover savoury mince in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 days. Reheat until piping hot using the stovetop or microwave.
Savoury mince can also be frozen. Freeze in an airtight container for up to 3 months. Thaw in the fridge overnight before reheating according to the above directions.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, peeled and diced
- 1 celery stick, diced
- 1 carrot, peeled and diced
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced or finely chopped
- 150g mushrooms, sliced
- 500g beef mince
- 2 tablespoons gravy powder
- 1 cup beef stock
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- Salt and pepper, tp taste
- Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan over a medium-high heat. Add the onion, celery and carrot and saute until the carrot begins to soften.
- Add the garlic and mushrooms and cook, stirring until the mushrooms soften.
- Add the beef mince and cook, stirring, breaking up lumps of mince as needed.
- Finally, add the gravy powder, beef stock, tomato paste and frozen peas. Season to taste. Simmer, stirring regularly, until the mixture thickens.
This savoury mince is perfect for cooking in bulk and freezing.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 429Total Fat: 26gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 112mgSodium: 367mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 3gSugar: 4gProtein: 38g