For something so simple, these sauteed mushrooms make one amazing side dish. This easy recipe really makes the flavour of the mushrooms shine.
Flavoured with butter, garlic and fresh parsley, enjoy these mushrooms as a side dish, on a slice of fresh crusty bread or spooned on top of meat (they taste especially good on a beef steak).
What you need:
To make these easy garlic and parsley pan fried mushrooms, you will need the following ingredients:
- Mushrooms – Sliced button mushrooms were used, but this recipe will work just as well with your favourite variety of mushroom.
- Olive oil – For frying the mushrooms.
- Butter – Salted butter was used, but unsalted can be used if preferred.
- Parsley – Fresh parsley will give these mushrooms a far better flavour than dried, however dried can be used.
- Garlic – Fresh or jarred garlic both work fine.
- Salt and pepper
More side dishes
- Caesar salad
- Thermomix mashed potato
- Air fryer corn on the cob
- Air fryer asparagus
- Cheesy potato bake
Step by step instructions
Step 1. Fry the mushrooms
Fry the mushrooms in a frying pan over a medium high heat. The mushrooms will release plenty of liquid, but keep cooking until all of the liquid has evaporated. Those beautifully caramelised mushrooms are worth the wait.
Step 2. Flavour with garlic, butter and parsley
Add the garlic, butter and parsley to the mushrooms and cook until the butter has melted and the garlic is fragrant. Season to taste.
Store any leftover sauteed mushrooms in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 days. Reheat using the microwave or in a frying pan.
These mushrooms are not suitable for freezing.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 500g / 1 pound sliced mushrooms
- 30g / 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped or minced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan over a medium-high heat. Add the mushrooms and cook, stirring occassionaly, until all the liquid has evaporated and the mushrooms are golden. This may take up to 10 minutes.
- Add the butter, garlic and parsley to the mushrooms. Cook, stirring, until the butter has melted and the garlic is fragrant. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve while warm.
- The mushrooms will lose plenty of liquid during the cooking process, which is totally normal. Keep cooking the mushrooms until the liquid has evaporated.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 116Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 15mgSodium: 124mgCarbohydrates: 7gFiber: 3gSugar: 3gProtein: 3g