These rum balls are so quick and easy to make, requiring only 5 ingredients and no cooking whatsoever. These might traditionally be a Christmas treat, but who says you can’t enjoy them year round?
These rum balls do contain a small amount of alcohol (as the name suggests), but this can be omitted if preferred. These rum balls are so delicious, with or without the rum.
What you need
- Biscuits – Use any plain sweet biscuits (cookies), such as Nice or arrowroot.
- Sweetened condensed milk – You will need an entire tin of sweetened condensed milk. Ensure you use a full fat condensed milk, as the fat content it need to help the rum balls set.
- Desiccated coconut – You will need desiccated coconut for both the rum ball mixture and to coat the rum balls.
- Cocoa powder – Use a good quality unsweetened cocoa powder.
- Rum (optional) – The rum is completely optional in these rum balls, and can be left out if preferred. I used an alcohol-free rum in mine which still gave the rum balls that authentic taste, but without the alcohol content.
More Christmas recipes
- White Christmas slice
- Nutella Christmas tree
- Christmas rocky road
- Mini Christmas pudding truffles
- Christmas tree meringues
- 250g plain sweet biscuits, crushed
- 400g tin sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons rum
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut, extra
- Add the crushed biscuits, sweetened condensed milk, desiccated coconut, cocoa powder and rum (if using). Mix until everything is well combined.
- Take spoonfuls of the mixture and roll into balls. Roll in the extra desiccated coconut and sit on a plate or baking tray.
- Place the rum balls in the fridge for at least 2 hours to set before enjoying.
- Use a cookie scoop to scoop the rum balls mixture and ensure the rum balls are evenly sized.
- The rum in these rum balls is completely optional, although it is only a small amount of rum. The rum can also be replaced with equal amounts of an alcohol-free rum for the same flavour without the alcohol content.
- If the mixture is too soft to roll into balls place it in the fridge until firmer.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 120Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 6mgSodium: 97mgCarbohydrates: 17gFiber: 1gSugar: 11gProtein: 2g