Rocky Road Ice Cream Slice
This delicious chocolatey Rocky Road Ice Cream Slice starts with a biscuit base, and is topped with rocky road ice cream and a layer of whipped cream.
Rocky road is always a Christmas favourite, but it’s even better in ice cream form. The rocky road layer is a delicious chocolate ice cream filled with marshmallows, chocolate chips and slivered almonds. It’s so easy to make, yet tastes amazing.
Rocky road is one of those desserts that you can easily customise depending on your preferences, and this rocky road slice is no exception. Just add your favourite rocky road filling, whether it’s dried cranberries, pistachios or white chocolate chips.
- 250g packet Chocolate Ripple biscuits, crushed
- 80g butter, melted
- 2 litre tub chocolate ice cream
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 cup marshmallows, roughly chopped
- 300ml thickened cream
- Woolworths Candy Cane Cookies, for decorating
- Line a rectangular or square baking dish with baking paper. Combine the chocolate ripple biscuits and melted butter in a mixing bowl and stir until well combined. Transfer the biscuit mixture to the lined baking dish and push down firmly with the back of a spoon. Set aside.
- Allow the chocolate ice cream to soften slightly at room temperature. Transfer the softened ice cream to a large mixing bowl and add the almonds, chocolate chips and chopped marshmallows. Mix until all ingredients are well combined. Spoon the ice cream over the biscuit base and smooth with a spoon.
- Whip the thickened cream using hand beaters or a stand mixer until soft peaks form. Spread gently over the chocolate ice cream layer.
- Top with extra almonds and chocolate chips, along with the candy cane cookies, if desired. Transfer to the freezer and leave to freeze overnight.