Roasted Sweet Potato Quinoa Salad
Sweet Potato Quinoa Salad
This roasted sweet potato quinoa salad is the perfect side dish in both summer and winter. With chunks of roasted sweet potato and a delicious maple syrup balsamic dressing, it’s sure to be popular.
There is no better way to cook sweet potato than to roast it. It makes it even sweeter, and has so many uses. It’s obviously great as a side dish to roast meat, can be used to make our Roasted Sweet Potato Soup, or is the perfect addition to a salad.
The sweet potato works perfectly with the spinach, quinoa and feta in this salad, not to mention the amazing maple balsamic dressing that tops this salad.
Other great salad recipes
Nothing beats a good salad. If you are looking for more salad inspiration, look no further than the flavour packed salads below:
Sweet Potato Quinoa Salad recipe
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cut into small cubes
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 1/4 cup feta, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup, extra
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, extra
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 180c. Line a baking tray with baking paper and set aside.
- Add the cubed sweet potato to a bowl along with the maple syrup, olive oil and a little salt and pepper. Mix until well combined.
- Transfer the sweet potato to the prepared baking tray and bake for around half an hour, or until cooked through. Set aside to cool.
- Add the quinoa to a small saucepan along with 1 cup of water. Bring to the boil, before covering and reducing the heat to a simmer for 15 minutes. Allow to sit for 5 minutes before fluffing up with a fork.
- Add the cooled sweet potato and cooked quinoa to a large serving bowl along with the baby spinach, red onion, walnuts, feta and parsley.
- Combine the extra maple syrup and olive oil along with the balsamic vinegar and little extra salt and pepper. Pour over the salad and gently toss to combine. Serve immediately.