Made using only 4 ingredients, this classic rice bubble slice is quick, easy and makes the perfect lunch box treat. Using honey rather than sugar, it has the perfect amount of sweetness and the most delicious buttery taste.
This slice is as easy as simmering the honey butter mixture for a few minutes, stirring through the rice bubbles and pressing into a slice tin. It really couldn’t be any simpler.
More recipe using rice bubbles
Rice bubbles make the best treats! Check out the rice bubble recipes below:
Ingredients in rice bubble slice
This rice bubble slice is so simple that you only need 4 basic ingredients. Chances are you already have all of these ingredients on hand:
- Vanilla extract
- Rice bubbles
How to make rice bubble slice
Before making a start on this recipe, line a slice tin with baking paper and set aside. Then, add the butter, honey and vanilla extract to a medium-large saucepan. You want a saucepan that will be big enough to easily mix the rice bubbles through the butter mixture.
Melt the butter over a medium heat, then continue to simmer, stirring occasionally, until the mixture turns golden and thickens. Stir the rice bubbles through and ensure all ingredients are well combined.
Press the rice bubble mixture into the prepared slice tin and flatten down with the back of a spoon. Transfer the slice tin to the fridge to firm up for at least a few hours.
Once the slice has firmed up, remove from the tin and slice into pieces using a sharp knife. Store in an airtight container in the fridge.
Store this slice in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
This slice is suitable for freezing. Freeze in an airtight container for up to 3 months. Defrost in the fridge before enjoying.
- 125g butter
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon vanila extract
- 5 cups Rice Bubbles
- Line a slice tin with baking paper and set aside.
- Add to a medium-large saucepan the butter, honey and vanilla extract. Melt the butter over a medium heat, then simmer, stirring occasionally, for around 5 minutes or until the mixture turns golden and thickens.
- Stir the rice bubbles through the butter mixture, ensuring all ingredients are well combined. Transfer the mixture to the prepared slice tin and press down firmly with the back of a spoon.
- Transfer the slice tin to the fridge and leave to firm up for at least a few hours. Remove from the fridge once firm and slice into pieces using a sharp knife.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge.
- Store in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- Suitable for freezing for up to 3 months.