This raspberry coconut jam slice might be a classic recipe, but it tastes as good as ever. It starts with a sweet shortcrust pastry base, and is then topped with raspberry jam and finished with a layer of chewy coconut.
There really is something amazing about the combination of flavours in this slice. My kids go absolutely crazy for it!
More slice recipes
Can’t get enough of these quick and easy desserts? Check out the following slice recipes:
- Condensed milk berry cheesecake slice
- Ginger crunch slice
- Rice bubble slice
- Anzac slice
- Pie maker vanilla slice
- Malteser slice
Ingredients in raspberry coconut jam slice
Ready to whip up a batch of this delicious jam filled slice? You will need the following ingredients:
- Plain flour
- Raspberry jam
- Shredded coconut
How to make raspberry coconut jam slice
Before making a start on the slice, first line a slice tin with baking paper and set aside. Preheat the oven to 180c.
The first layer of the slice is the sweet shortcrust pastry layer. To make the shortcrust, add the plain flour and cubed butter to a mixing bowl. Use your fingers to rub the butter into the flour until it resembles breadcrumbs. Mix through the sugar. Next, add the egg and water and mix until well combined.
Press the mixture firmly into the lined slice tin using your fingers.
Spread the raspberry jam evenly over the pastry layer.
Add the extra eggs and extra sugar to a small mixing bowl and whisk with a fork until well combined. Add the shredded coconut and stir through until combined. Spread the coconut mixture evenly over the jam layer.
Place the slice in the preheated oven and bake for around 30 minutes, or until the coconut is golden. Allow to cool completely before removing from the slice tin and slicing into squares.
Store the slice in an airtight container at room temperature.
Raspberry Coconut Jam Slice recipe
- 1 cup plain flour
- 75g butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 cup raspberry jam
- 2 eggs, extra
- 1/2 cup sugar, extra
- 1 cups shredded coconut
- Line a slice tin with baking paper. Set aside. Preheat the oven to 180c.
- Add to a large mixing bowl the plain flour and cubed butter. Rub the butter into the flour using your fingers until it resembles breadcrumbs. Stir through the sugar. Add the egg and water and mix until well combined.
- Press the shortcrust dough firmly into the lined slice tin using your fingers. Spread the raspberry jam evenly over the pastry layer.
- Whisk the extra eggs and extra sugar in a small mixing bowl. Add the shredded coconut and mix until well combined. Spread the coconut evenly over the raspberry jam layer.
- Bake the slice in the preheated oven for around 30 minutes, or until golden. Allow to cool in tin before slicing into squares.
- Store the slice in an airtight container at room temperature.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 164Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 45mgSodium: 62mgCarbohydrates: 25gFiber: 1gSugar: 16gProtein: 2g