This raspberry coconut jam slice might be a classic recipe, but it tastes as good as ever. It starts with a sweet shortcrust pastry base, and is then topped with raspberry jam and finished with a layer of chewy coconut.
There really is something amazing about the combination of flavours in this slice. My kids go absolutely crazy for it!
More slice recipes
- Condensed milk berry cheesecake slice
- Ginger crunch slice
- Rice bubble slice
- Anzac slice
- Pie maker vanilla slice
- Malteser slice
- 1 cup plain flour
- 75g butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 cup raspberry jam
- 2 eggs, extra
- 1/2 cup sugar, extra
- 1 cups shredded coconut
- Line a slice tin with baking paper. Set aside. Preheat the oven to 180c.
- Add to a large mixing bowl the plain flour and cubed butter. Rub the butter into the flour using your fingers until it resembles breadcrumbs. Stir through the sugar. Add the egg and water and mix until well combined.
- Press the shortcrust dough firmly into the lined slice tin using your fingers. Spread the raspberry jam evenly over the pastry layer.
- Whisk the extra eggs and extra sugar in a small mixing bowl. Add the shredded coconut and mix until well combined. Spread the coconut evenly over the raspberry jam layer.
- Bake the slice in the preheated oven for around 30 minutes, or until golden. Allow to cool in tin before slicing into squares.
- Store the slice in an airtight container at room temperature.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 164Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 45mgSodium: 62mgCarbohydrates: 25gFiber: 1gSugar: 16gProtein: 2g