Pie makers are not just for making pies! Among many other things, they are great for making perfectly sized pancakes, like these pie maker condensed milk pancakes.
These pancakes are not just any old pancakes, although you could easily use your favourite pancake recipe in your pie maker. These pancakes are made by adding condensed milk to the quick and easy batter, which gives the pancakes an amazing flavour with just the right amount of sweetness.
If you don’t have a can of sweetened condensed milk, you can find out how to make condensed milk here. It’s made using only 4 simple ingredients, and tastes even better than the canned version.
Other pancake and pikelet recipes
Pancakes and pikelets make the best breakfasts and snacks. Check out the recipes below:
- Fluffy blueberry pancakes
- Mini pancake bites
- Sugar free pineapple pikelets
- Banana honey pikelets
- Easy 4 ingredient pikelets
Ingredients in pie maker condensed milk pancakes
You only need 4 basic ingredients to make these delicious condensed milk pancakes. If you love look of the recipe but don’t have a pie maker, give them a try using a frying pan.
- Self raising flour
- Sweetened condensed milk
How to make condensed milk pancakes
Start by making the simple pancake batter. To a large mixing bowl add the self raising flour, milk, sweetened condensed milk and the egg. Mix until all ingredients are well combined.
The texture of the will be slightly improved if you leave the batter to rest for 30 minutes before using, but this step is completely optional.
Preheat the pie maker. Once the pie maker has reached temperature, fill each pie hole approximately half way with the pancake batter. Cook for around 4 minutes or until golden underneath, then flip and cook for approximately another 3 minutes, or until cooked through and golden. Repeat with the remaining batter.
Serve pancakes warm with your favourite toppings, such as a drizzle of maple syrup and fresh berries.
Pie maker condensed milk pancakes recipe
- 1 cup self raising flour
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/3 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 egg
- To a large mixing bowl add the self raising flour, milk, sweetened condensed milk and the egg. Mix until all ingredients are well combined. Allow to rest for 30 minutes if desired.
- Preheat the pie maker. Once the pie maker has reached temperature, fill each pie hole approximately half way with pancake batter. Cook for approximately 4 minutes or until golden underneath, the flip the pancakes over and cook for another 3 minutes or until cooked through and golden. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Serve pancakes warm with desired toppings.