Potato salad is a classic summer favourite! Take your potato salad to the next level by adding pesto. Either homemade or store-bought, pesto adds the most amazing flavour to the salad.
While pesto is great on its own, mixing it through mayonnaise turns the pesto into the most amazing creamy dressing. This dressing is not only great on potato salad, but also try mixing it through a pasta salad or even a leafy salad.
More salad recipes
Salad is just about a daily staple in our house, especially during the summer months. There are so many more delicious salad options than a boring lettuce, tomato and cucumber salad. Take a look at a few ideas below:
- Watermelon and rocket salad
- Creamy pasta salad
- Easy potato salad
- BLT salad
- Roasted sweet potato quinoa salad
How to make creamy pesto dressing
Creamy pesto dressing is the perfect way to finish of any pasta or potato salad. To make pesto dressing, simply combine 3 tablespoons of basil pesto, 1/2 cup Greek or natural yoghurt, 2 tablespoons of mayonnaise and season with salt and pepper.
Pesto Potato Salad recipe
For the salad
- 1kg potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1/4 cup sliced sundried tomatoes
- 1 spring onion, finely sliced
For the dressing
- 1/2 cup Greek or natural yoghurt
- 3 tablespoons pesto
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Add the cubed potatoes to a saucepan of cold water and bring to the boil. Boil until soft. Drain.
- Add the potatoes to a bowl along with the sundried tomatoes and sliced spring onion.
- To make the dressing, combine all ingredients in a small bowl. Add the dressing to the potatoes and mix until well combined.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 193Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 5mgSodium: 123mgCarbohydrates: 30gFiber: 3gSugar: 4gProtein: 6g