This classic passionfruit slice is the perfect combination of sweet and tangy. This slice starts with a biscuit base and is topped with that deliciously creamy, fruity layer.
Nothing beats a slice for a fuss-free dessert. For more slice ideas take a look at the recipes below:
- Apple sour cream slice
- Lemon Weetbix slice
- Easy vanilla slice
- Raspberry coconut jam slice
- Rice bubble slice
- Anzac slice
Ingredients you will need
To whip up a passionfruit slice you will need the following ingredients:
- Melted butter
- Self raising flour
- Desiccated coconut
- White sugar
- Sweetened condensed milk
- Lemon juice
- Passionfruit pulp
Passionfruit Slice recipe
- 100g melted butter
- 1 cup self raising flour
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 395g sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 170g can passionfruit pulp
- Preheat the oven to 180c. Line a slice tin with baking paper and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the melted butter, self raising flour, desiccated coconut and sugar until a dough forms.
- Transfer the dough into the prepared slice tin and press down firmly with the back of a spoon. Bake for 10 minutes or until just starting to turn golden.
- To a mixing bowl add the sweetened condensed milk, lemon juice and passionfruit pulp. Whisk with a fork until well combined.
- Reduce the oven to 160c. Pour the sweetened condensed milk mixture over the base and bake for a further 15 minutes, or until the condensed milk layer has set.
- Allow the slice to cool completely in the tin before slicing.
- Store the slice in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 4 days.
- This slice is not suitable for freezing.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 18 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 178Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 19mgSodium: 161mgCarbohydrates: 25gFiber: 1gSugar: 19gProtein: 3g