Nutella Christmas Tree
Nutella Christmas Tree
This cute Nutella Christmas Tree is make with sheets of puff pastry sandwiched together with Nutella. It’s the perfect quick and easy Christas treat that the whole family will love.
This puff pastry Christmas tree looks amazing, yet it’s so simple to put together. All it takes are 3 ingredients that you probably already have on hand, and a few minutes prep time. Then simply bake the tree and it’s ready to serve.
When it comes to serving the Nutella tree, simply place it on a serving board and let everyone tear of the ‘branches’. It looks amazing on the Christmas table, and is also perfect for end of year Christmas parties.
More Christmas recipes
Need more Christmas inspiration? Just click the recipe names to be taken straight to each recipe:
- 5 Freezer cakes that are perfect for Christmas
- Christmas Rocky Road
- No bake Gingernut Christmas cake
- Mini Christmas pudding truffles
- Christmas tree meringues
Nutella Christmas Tree ingredients
To make this Nutella tree, you will need the following simple ingredients:
- 2 sheets of puff pastry
- 1 egg
How to make a Nutella Christmas tree step-by-step
Place one sheet of pastry on top of the other. Cut a tree shape in the pastry, then remove the top sheet of pastry and put it aside.
Spread Nutella over the bottom piece of puff pastry, leaving a small gap around the edges. Place the second piece of pastry back on top.
Score a line down the centre of the tree to use as a guide when cutting the branches. Cut branches either side of the scored line.
Twist each of the branches.
Brush the tree all of with a whisked egg. Bake until golden and puffed.
Nutella Christmas Tree recipe
- 2 sheets puff pastry, defrosted
- 2 tablespoons Nutella
- 1 egg, lightly whisked
- Preheat the oven to 200c. Line a baking tray with baking paper and set aside.
- Place one sheet of pastry on top of the other. Cut out the shape of a Christmas tree, and set aside the top sheet.
- Spread the bottom sheet of pastry with the Nutella, leaving a small gap around the edges. Place the second sheet of pastry back on top of the first.
- Use a sharp knife to score a line down the middle of the Christmas tree. Cut the branches either side of the scored line.
- Twist each of the branches.
- Brush the tree with the egg. Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until golden and puffed. Allow to cool slightly before serving.