Nutella fans, these Nutella Brownies are for you. They are the ultimate chocolate brownie, flavoured with Nutella and topped with even more Nutella. Even if you don’t love Nutella, you are going to love these rich chocolate brownies.
As a self-confessed chocolate addict, I have always loved brownies. There is just something about these soft and rich chocolate desserts that I just can’t get enough of. Not only do brownies taste amazing, they are also dangerously simple to make.
Mix the ingredients together in the one bowl, bake for around 20 minutes and you have a batch of brownies ready to go. You don’t even have to wait for them to cool before enjoying them, they taste just as amazing warm, especially with a scoopful of vanilla ice cream.
These chocolate brownies contain Nutella in the brownie batter, and are also topped with dollops of Nutella which are the marbled through the batter. However, if you love the idea of chocolate brownies but don’t love the idea of Nutella, you could easily leave the Nutella out and the brownies would still be amazing.
More Nutella recipes
Nutella fans, you might also like to try these Nutella recipes:
- Nutella Fudge Brownies
- Nutella Filled Doughnut Muffins
- 3 Ingredient Nutella Brownies
- Nutella Mug Cake
- 4 Ingredient Nutella Cookies
- 2 Ingredient Nutella Cake
How to make Nutella brownies
Ready to make a batch of these delicious brownies? Just follow these simple steps. Before making a start on the batter, preheat the oven to 180c, and line a square cake tin with baking paper.
Add the butter and dark chocolate to a large microwave safe mixing bowl. Microwave in 30 second bursts until the butter and chocolate have melted. Add the Nutella, then mix until smooth.
Next, add the brown sugar, eggs and vanilla extract to the melted chocolate mixture. Mix until smooth and well combined. Finally, add the plain flour and cocoa powder and mix once again until all ingredients are well combined.
Pour the brownie batter into the prepared cake tin and smooth the surface. Spoon small amounts of the extra Nutella over the top of the brownie, then use a butter knife to marble the Nutella through the top of the brownie.
Bake the brownie in the preheated oven for around 20 minutes, or until the brownie has just set. Allow the brownie to cool before slicing and serving. Alternatively, serve slices of the brownie warm with thickened cream or ice cream.
Nutella Brownies recipe
- 175g butter
- 200g dark chocolate
- 1/2 cup Nutella
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup plain flour
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup Nutella, extra
- Preheat the oven to 180c. Line a square cake tin with baking paper and set aside.
- Add the butter and dark chocolate to a large microwave safe bowl and microwave in short bursts until the butter and chocolate have melted. Add the Nutella and stir until smooth and well combined.
- Add the brown sugar, eggs, and vanilla extract and mix until well combined. Finally, add the plain flour and cocoa powder and mix once again until the brownie batter is smooth and well combined.
- Pour the brownie batter into the prepared cake tin. Spoon small amount of the extra Nutella over the brownie batter, and swirl with a butter knife to give a marbled effect.
- Bake the brownie for 20 minutes or until just set. Allow to cool completely before slicing and serving.