These Milo Brownies are a bit like regular chocolate brownies, but even better. The addition of Milo gives these brownies the most amazing taste and texture.
If you love regular chocolate brownies, then you are going to absolutely love these Milo brownies. They are a bit like regular chocolate brownies and are made with real chocolate (as only the best brownies are), but with the addition of Milo.
Adding Milo to these brownies gives them the most amazing texture. The brownies are soft and fudgy in the middle, with a delicious, slightly chewy taste. They are so good that it’s very hard to stop at just one piece.
Other Milo recipes
How to make perfect brownies
There is nothing better than a perfect brownie, with a rich chocolate taste that is spot on and is baked to perfection. If you want to make sure your brownies come out of the oven just right, follow these tips:
Use good quality chocolate
Baking a batch of brownies is not the time to reach for that generic brand of cooking chocolate. Instead, choose the best quality chocolate you can afford. The beautiful flavour it will give your brownies will be worth it. You don’t have to use cooking chocolate either, I often use a block of ordinary chocolate.
Don’t overbake, but don’t underbake either
How long brownies should be cooked differs depending on how you like your brownies. But there is a very fine line between just perfect or overbaked brownies. If unsure of how long you should bake brownies to get them to your liking, check them around 5 minutes before the cooking time is up.
Let the brownies sit
Because perfect brownies are still soft in the centre, it’s important to let the brownies cool in the tin completely before attempting to slice them. Attempting to slice the brownies while still warm will likely end in a big squidgy mess.
- 200g dark chocolate
- 125g butter
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup Milo
- 1/2 cup plain flour
- Preheat the oven to 160c. Line a square cake tin with baking paper and set aside.
- Place the dark chocolate and butter in a large microwave safe bowl. Microwave in short bursts until melted. Stir until smooth.
- Add the eggs and sugar to the melted chocolate mixture. Mix until smooth and well combined.
- Add the Milo and plain flour to the chocolate mixture, and mix once again until all ingredients are well combined.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared cake tin.. Bake for around 30 minutes or until cooked to your liking.
- Allow the brownies to cool completely at room temperature before removing from the tin and slicing.
- Store any uneaten brownies in an airtight container at room temperature.