This Mars Bar Slice tastes exactly like a Mars Bar, yet it doesn’t actually contain any Mars Bar whatsoever. It’s extremely easy to make, and only uses basic ingredients; there is a good chance you already have the ingredients on hand.
There are versions of this slice around that use 4 Mars Bars, but this version is far cheaper to make, and gives much the same result. This means it’s the perfect budget friendly slice recipe, yet tastes absolutely amazing.
You might also like these recipes:
Want more? Take a look at our 14 Easy Slice Recipes
Don’t forget to sign up for our free, 17 Easy Slice Recipes eBook
To make this delicious Mars Bar Slice, first line a slice tin with baking paper and set aside. To make the chocolate caramel mixture, add butter, golden syrup, cocoa powder and sweetened condensed milk to a medium saucepan and place over a low heat. Melt the ingredients together, then stir for around 5 minutes, or until the mixture caramalises. Set aside to cool.
Once the caramel mixture has cooled slightly, gently mix through the rice bubbles until well combined. Pour the mixture into the prepared slice tin and press down firmly with the back of a spoon. Place in the fridge to set.
Once the slice has set, add butter and dark chocolate to a microwave safe bowl and microwave in short bursts until melted, stirring in between. Spread the chocolate over the Mars Bar Slice base and place back in the fridge to set once again. Slice and serve.
This Mars Bar Slice is perfect for birthday parties and school bake sales. Slices are one of those sweet treats that work well at ay type of get together. They are quick and easy to make, easy to transport and you can make one batch go as far as you need by cutting pieces as large or small as you like.
If you can’t get enough of this recipe and want more, be sure to check out our eBook, The Ultimate Easy Slice Handbook. It’s jam packed with over 40 easy slice recipes, meaning there is something for absolutely everyone. It’s priced at $9.95 AUD, and it’s even cheaper for those of you in the United States thanks to currency conversions.
- 60g butter
- 2 tablespoon golden syrup
- 1 x 395g can sweetened condensed milk
- 3 teaspoons cocoa powder
- 3 cups rice bubbles
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 200g dark chocolate
- Line a slice tin with baking paper.
- Place the butter, golden syrup, cocoa powder and condensed milk in a medium sized saucepan and stir over a low heat until melted. Continue stirring for around 5 minutes or until the mixture caramelises. Allow the mixture to cool for 10 minutes.
- Gently fold the rice bubbles through the caramel mixture until well combined. Using the back of a metal spoon, press the rice bubble mixture firmly into the slice tin. Place in the fridge to set.
- Once the slice has set, place the vegetable oil and dark chocolate in a microwave proof bowl and melt in short bursts in the microwave.
- Spread the chocolate evenly over the slice and place in the fridge again until set. Slice and serve.