This creamy macaroni salad really is one of the most delicious pasta salads around. It’s so easy to put together, yet is one of those salads that is sure to please everyone.
The creamy dressing is made a little lighter by using half mayonnaise and half Greek yoghurt or sour cream.
This pasta salad makes a great side dish, and is perfect for taking along to a BBQ.
More salad recipes
Nothing beats a good salad. Get some more salad inspiration with the delicious salad recipes below:
Store this macaroni salad in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
This salad is not suitable for freezing.
- 250g uncooked macaroni
- 1 red capsicum, chopped
- 2 celery sticks, chopped
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup Greek yoghurt or sour cream
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Cook the macaroni according to packet directions. Drain and set aside to cool.
- Once the pasta has cooled, add to a large bowl along with the bell pepper, celery and carrot. Stir to combine.
- To make the dressing, add the mayonnaise, yogurt or sour cream, dijon mustard and vinegar to a small mixing bowl. Stir until well combined and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and mix until well combined.
Any bite sized pasta can be used in place of the Macaroni.
Stir a drizzle of olive oil through the drained pasta to help avoid it sticking as it cools.
The dressing can be made with 1 cup of mayonnaise, omitting the yogurt or sour cream, if preferred.
The dressing tastes best when made with a full fat, whole egg mayonnaise.
The dressing can also be made a little sweeter by stirring through a drizzle of honey.
For something different, try adding shredded cheese or crumbled feta to the salad.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 217Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 10mgSodium: 264mgCarbohydrates: 16gFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 4g