3 Ingredient Lemonade Scones
These 3 ingredient lemonade scones are the easiest scones you will ever make. Serve them with jam and cream and you have the perfect afternoon tea. The secret to these perfect scones is lemonade. It’s add the perfect amount of sweetness and gives the scones the most amazing flavour.
Want to whip up a batch of scones without spending ages rubbing butter into flour? Then this recipe is for you. It’s the quickest, easiest scone recipe you will ever make.
Just 3 simple ingredients and a few minutes in the kitchen and you will have the most delicious scones. My kids can’t get enough of them. They also freeze perfectly making them a great treat to add to school lunch boxes.
How to make Lemonade Scones
Before making a start on the scone dough, first preheat the oven to 180c You want to put the scones straight into a hot oven, which will give the scones their crispy outside and soft inside. Line a baking tray with baking paper and set aside.
Add the thickened cream, lemonade and self raising flour to a large mixing bowl. Use a knife to mix the ingredients together, but don’t over mix. The secret to light and fluffy scones is to mix and handle the dough as little as possible. Mix the ingredients until just combined. The mixture will be very sticky at this point.
Transfer the scone dough to a floured surface, and gently pat down the dough until it’s around 2.5cm thick. Dust a scone cutter lightly with flour, and cut as many scones as possible from the dough, placing the cut scones on the lined baking tray as you go.
Once you have cut the scones from the dough, gently push the dough back together and continue cutting scones until all of the scones dough has been used.
Place the scones in the oven and bake for around 10 minutes, or until the scones are golden. Allow the scones to cool before serving.
Lemonade Scones recipe
Ready to bake your own 3 ingredient lemonade scones? Just follow the quick and easy recipe below and you will be enjoying delicious scones in no time.
- 300ml thickened cream
- 1 cup lemonade
- 3 cups self raising flour
- Preheat the oven to 180c. Line a baking tray with baking paper and set aside.
- Add the cream, lemonade and self raising flour to a large mixing bowl. Mix with a butterknife until just combined, taking care to not over mix the dough.
- Transfer the scone dough to a lightly floured surface. Press down gently until the dough is around 2.5cm thick.
- Lightly dust a scone cutter and cut scones from the dough, placing on the prepared baking tray as you go. Once you have cut all the scones possible from the dough, gently push the dough back together and continue cutting scones until all of the dough has been used.
- Place the scones in the preheated oven and bake for around 10 minutes, or until golden. Allow scones to cool before serving.