If you love chocolate Weetbix slice you are sure to love this sweet and tangy lemon Weetbix slice. It’s a quick and easy recipe that the family is sure to love.
This delicious slice starts with a base filled with crushed Weetbix and lemon rind for a lemony hit. It is then topped with a simple lemon icing made using fresh lemon juice. This slice uses 1 lemon, with the rind used in the slice and juice used in the icing.
More slice recipes
Need more slice inspiration? Look no further than the recipes below:
- Caramilk rice bubble slice
- Raspberry coconut jam slice
- Ginger crunch slice
- Anzac slice
- Pie maker vanilla slice
- Pineapple lumps slice
- Cherry ripe slice
- Turkish Delight Slice
What you need
To whip up a batch of this lemony slice you will need the following ingredients:
- Lemon – Use fresh lemons if possible, this will give your slice the best flavour.
- Butter – Salted butter was used, but this can be substituted with unsalted butter if preferred.
- White Sugar – Ordinary white (granulated sugar) was used to make this slice.
- Weetbix, or Weetabix depending on where you live
- Plain flour
- Desiccated coconut
- Baking powder
- Icing sugar – Use icing mixture (powdered sugar), not pure icing sugar, to make the icing.
Step by step instructions
Before making a start on the slice mixture, first preheat the oven to 180c fan forced. Line a standard sized slice with with baking paper and set aside.
To make the Weetbix slice mixture, first add the melted butter, white sugar and lemon zest to a large mixing bowl. Mix until the butter and sugar are well combined. Next, add the crushed Weetbix, plain flour, desiccated coconut and baking powder and stir once again until all ingredients are well combined.
Transfer the mixture to the prepared slice tin, and press the mixture down firmly with either your fingers or the back of a spoon. Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes. Set aside to cool.
Once the slice has cooled, it’s time to make a start on the icing. To make the icing, combine in a small mixing bowl the icing sugar, lemon juice and enough water to make a spreadable icing. Spread the icing evenly over the cooled slice and allow to set. Once the icing has set, slice and serve!
Store this slice in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days.
This slice is suitable for freezing. Freeze in an airtight container or zip lock bag for up to 3 months. Defrost at room temperature before enjoying.
- 180g butter, melted
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 6 Weetbix, crushed
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups icing sugar
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Preheat the oven to 180c fan forced. Line a slice tin with baking paper and set aside.
- To a large mixing bowl add the melted butter, sugar and lemon zest. Mix until well combined.
- Add the Weetbix, plain flour, desiccated coconut and baking powder to the butter mixture and stir until well combined.
- Transfer the mixture to the prepared slice tin and press down firmly. Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- To make the icing, and the icing sugar and lemon juice to a mixing bowl. Add enough water to make a spreadable consistency. Spread the icing over the cooled slice, allow to set then slice and serve.
- This slice can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 18 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 167Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 22mgSodium: 99mgCarbohydrates: 22gFiber: 1gSugar: 16gProtein: 1g