Lemon Meringue Slice
If you love lemon meringue pie, you are going to love this lemon meringue slice! It tastes just like the real thing, but is so quick and easy to make, and is perfect for entertaining.
- 225g butter, softened
- 1 3⁄4 cups plain flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 6 eggs, 4 separated and 2 left whole
- 1 cup sugar, extra
- 3⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup sugar, extra
- Preheat oven to 180c. Line a slice tin with baking paper.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the butter, flour and sugar until well combined. Press into the slice tin and bake for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl whisk together the 2 whole eggs and 4 eggs yolks, along with the 1 cup of extra sugar and the lemon juice. Pour over the base and return to the oven for 20 minutes or until set. Allow to cool completely.
- Place the egg whites and 1⁄2 cup sugar in the bowl of a stand mixer and whip using the whisk attachment until stiff peaks form. Spread evenly over the slice and bake for 10 minutes or until the meringue begins to turn golden.
- Allow to cool before slicing.