I’m a huge fan of quick, no bake slices, and this Lemon Coconut Slice would have to be my favourite.
This slice starts with a biscuit base featuring sweetened condensed milk, coconut, lemon juice and lemon juice. It is then topped with a sweet and tangy lemon icing.
Lemon really does make the best desserts. Take a look at these lemony desserts below:
- Lemon Weetbix slice
- Lemon magic custard cake
- Pie maker lemonade scones
- Lemon brownies
- Lemon meringue slice
- Lemon yoghurt cake
- Lemon sour cream cupcakes
Ingredients in lemon slice
This lemon slice is super simple and only requires a few ingredients. You will need:
- Fresh lemons
- Plain biscuits, any variety will do
- Sweetened condensed milk
- Desiccated coconut
For the simple lemon icing you will need:
- Fresh lemons
- Icing sugar, try using pure icing sugar for a firmer icing
- Water, only if needed to get the right consistency
How to make lemon coconut slice
Melt together the butter and condensed milk. Do this either in a small saucepan over the stovetop, or in a microwave safe bowl using the microwave.
Crush the biscuits in a food processor. Add the desiccated coconut, lemon juice, lemon zest and melted butter mixture to the food processor. Process until well combined. Press mixture into a lined slice tin and transfer to the fridge to set.
Make the lemon icing by combining the icing sugar and extra lemon juice in a mixing bowl. Add water if necessary to get a spreadable consistency. Spread over the slice and return to the fridge to set before slicing.
Lemon coconut slice recipe
- 60g butter
- 1/2 of a 395g tin sweetened condensed milk
- 250g plain biscuits
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cups icing sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Line a slice tin with baking paper.
- Place the butter and condensed milk in a small saucepan and melt together over a low heat.
- Crush the biscuits in a food processor. Add the coconut, lemon juice and lemon zest, as well as the butter mixture and process until well combined.
- Press the mixture into the slice tin and put in the fridge.
- To make the icing, add the icing sugar and lemon juice to a small mixing bowl, and stir until well combined, adding a little water if necessary to get a spreadable consistency.
- Spread quickly over the slice, and place slice back in the fridge until set.
Store the slice in an airtight container in the fridge.