These lemon brownies are soft, sweet, tangy, and so delicious that it’s impossible to stop at just one piece. Topped with a lemony glaze, they are the perfect sweet treat.
I can’t get enough of these lemon brownies. There is something about the soft lemony brownie topped with the sweet and tangy glaze that makes it hard to stop at just one piece.
This recipe is just about as easy as baking gets. It’s a quick one bowl batter, that is bakes until just cooked through, then topped with a tangy glaze once cooled.
These brownies are great made with the juice of fresh lemons, but if you don’t have any fresh lemons on hand you can always use bottled lemon juice and leave out the lemon rind.
Lemon brownie ingredients
To make a batch of these delicious tangy brownies, you will need the following ingredients:
- White sugar
- Lemon juice
- Lemon zest
- Plain flour
- Icing sugar
How to make lemon brownies
To make these delicious lemon brownies, first preheat the oven to 180c. Line a square cake tin with baking paper, and set aside while you make a start on the batter.
To make the lemony batter, first add the melted butter, white sugar, lemon juice and lemon zest to a large mixing bowl. Stir the ingredients together until well combined. Add the eggs and stir once again to combine.
Add the plain flour to the wet ingredients and mix until everything is smooth and well combined. Transfer the brownie batter to the prepared cake tin and smooth the top.
Bake the brownie for around 20 minutes, or until just cooked through. Allow to cool completely before glazing.
To make the glaze, combine the icing sugar and extra lemon juice in a small mixing bowl. Stir until smooth, adding a little extra lemon juice if needed to get the correct consistency. Pour the glaze over the cooled brownie, and allow the glaze to set before slicing and serving.
Lemon Brownies recipe
- 150g butter, melted
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups plain flour
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, extra
- Preheat oven to 180c. Line a square cake tin with baking paper and set aside.
- Add the melted butter, white sugar, lemon juice and lemon zest to a large mixing bowl and mix until well combined. Add the eggs and stir once again until well combined.
- Add the plain flour to the mixing bowl and mix until the flour is well combined with the other ingredients.
- Transfer the brownie batter to the prepared cake tin. Bake for around 20 minutes, or until cooked through. Allow to cool completely before glazing.
- To make the glaze, add the icing sugar and 2 tablespoons of extra lemon juice to a small mixing bowl and stir until smooth and well combined, adding a little more lemon juice if necessary.
- Pour the glaze over the cooled brownies. Allow to glaze to set before slicing and serving.