For those in Australia, these Kingston Biscuits are the perfect homemade version of the popular Arnott’s version. For those not familiar with them, you are going to love these biscuits!
Kingston biscuits are a lot like 2 Anzac biscuits sandwiched together with a layer of milk chocolate. The combination of the oat and golden syrup biscuits with the milk chocolate works so well.
Searching for more biscuits to try? Take a look at the recipe below:
- Afghan biscuits
- Anzac biscuits
- Milo biscuits
- Golden syrup biscuits
- Jam drop biscuits
- Monte carlo biscuits
- Coffee scroll biscuits
Ingredients in kingston biscuits
To make a batch of homemade kingston biscuits you will need the following ingredients:
- Self raising flour
- Brown sugar
- Desiccated coconut
- Quick oats
- Golden Syrup
- Milk chocolate
Kingston biscuits recipe
- 1 cup self raising flour
- 3/4 cup desiccated coconut
- 3/4 cup quick oats
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 125g butter
- 180g milk chocolate
- 30g butter, extra
- Preheat the oven to 180c fan forced. Line a baking tray with baking paper and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the self raising flour, brown sugar, desiccated coconut and quick oats.
- Melt together the butter and golden syrup using either the microwave, or a small saucepan over a low heat. Add to the dry ingredients and stir until well combined.
- Roll teaspoons full of mixture into balls and place on baking trays. Flatten the biscuits slightly. Bake for 12 minutes or until golden. Allow the biscuits to cool completely on the baking tray.
- To make the chocolate filling, melt together the chocolate and extra butter. Cool until the chocolate is a spreadable consistency, then sandwich together the biscuits with the chocolate. Allow the chocolate to set.
- Store the biscuits in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 334Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 37mgSodium: 297mgCarbohydrates: 35gFiber: 2gSugar: 21gProtein: 4g