Jelly slice is one of those classic recipes that never gets old. There is something about that biscuits base, the creamy, lemony centre and jelly top that makes this one of my most requested recipes.
The fun thing about this recipe is that any flavour jelly works, which means the colour and flavour of this dessert has seemingly endless possibilities.
Easy slice recipes
Slice recipes make the best desserts! Find more great easy slice recipes below:
What is jelly slice
Jelly slice is a dessert popular in Australia and New Zealand. It starts with a base made with crushed sweet biscuits held together with melted butter. It has a middle layer made with condensed milk and lemon juice. Finally, it is topped with a layer of jelly.
Ingredients in jelly slice
To make the jelly slice you will need the following ingredients:
- Plain sweet biscuits
- Sweetened condensed milk
- Lemon juice
- Jelly crystals
Jelly slice recipe
- 1 packet plain biscuits
- 170g butter, melted
- 1 x 395g tin sweetened condensed milk
- juice of 2 lemons, or 6 tablespoons bottled lemon juice
- 3 teaspoons gelatine
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- 1 x 85g packet red jelly crystals
- Crush biscuits and melted butter in a food processor until mixture resembles fine crumbs. Press biscuit mixture firmly into a lined lamington or slice tin.
- Dissolve gelatine in boiling water. In a bowl, mix together the gelatine mixture, lemon juice and condensed milk. Spread the filling over the base and refrigerate until set.
- Make jelly as per packet instructions. Cool the jelly liquid, then pour over the slice.
- Refrigerate until set, and cut into squares to serve.
- Store this jelly slice in an airtight container in the fridge
- Use any sweet plain biscuits for the base in this recipe
Nutrition Information:Yield: 18 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 173Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 28mgSodium: 119mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 0gSugar: 16gProtein: 2g