This impossible quiche is the easiest quiche around. It’s a delicious ham and cheese quiche with a twist. Instead of baking the quiche in a quiche shell, it forms its own crust as it bakes.
What you need
To make these easy ham and cheese quiche you will need the following ingredients:
- Onion – A brown onion was used in this recipe, but this could be substituted for a red onion, or even sliced spring onions or leeks.
- Ham – Used diced or shredded ham, which can be purchased from the meat or deli section of your supermarket.
- Milk – Full cream milk was used in this quiche, but lower fat varieties could be used.
- Cheese – Grated tasty cheese was used, but this could be substituted with other varieties of grated cheese.
- Eggs – 4 large sized eggs were used in this quiche.
- Self raising flour – If you don’t have any self raising flour on hand, substitute with 1/2 cup plain flour and 1/2 teaspoon baking powder.
- Salt and pepper
More easy dinner ideas
- 1 onion, peeled and finely diced
- 150g diced ham
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup grated tasty cheese
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup self raising flour
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 180° fan forced.
- Place the diced onion, ham, milk, grated cheese, eggs and flour in a large mixing bowl. Mix until well combined.
- Pour the mixture into a lightly greased pie or quiche pan. Bake for 40 minutes, or until golden and cooked through.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 239Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 165mgSodium: 628mgCarbohydrates: 13gFiber: 1gSugar: 4gProtein: 18g