This quick and easy dessert is as simple as it gets. With just vanilla ice cream and self raising flour, you can have a loaf of this ice cream bread whipped up in no time.
It’s hard to describe this ice cream bread. It’s a cross between a cake, scone and bread and tastes absolutely delicious. The sprinkles on top are completely optional, but sprinkles and ice cream really just go together.
More ice cream recipes
Love ice cream? Who doesn’t! For more ice cream recipes, look no further than the list below:
Ingredients and substitutions
This ice cream bread is incredibly simple to make for something that tastes so good. To make this sweet treat, you will need the following ingredients:
- Full fat vanilla ice cream – It’s important to use full fat ice cream in this recipe, lower fat varieties will affect the end result.
- Self raising flour – The self raising flour can be substituted with a combination of 1 1/2 cup plain (all purpose) flour and 2 teaspoon baking powder.
- Sprinkles, optional
How to make ice cream bread
Before making this ice cream bread, preheat the oven to 180c and line a loaf tin with baking paper. Set aside while making the bread mixture.
Ensure the ice cream you are using is a full fat and sugar version. Reduced sugar or fat ice cream is just not going to give the same results.
Allow the ice cream to soften completely before making the mixture. Then, add it to a large mixing bowl along with the self raising flour. Mix until the ingredients are just combined.
Transfer the mixture to the prepared loaf tin. Decorate the top with sprinkles if using. Bake the ice cream bread in the preheat oven for around 45 minutes, or until cooked through. Allow to cool in the tin. Store the ice cream bread in an airtight container at room temperature.
Ice cream bread recipe
- 2 cups full fat vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 1/2 cups self raising flour
- Sprinkles, to decorate (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 180c. Line a loaf tin with baking paper and set aside.
- Add the softened ice cream to a large mixing bowl along with the self raising flour. Mix until is just combined with the ice cream.
- Transfer the mixture to the lined loaf tin. Top with sprinkles if using.
- Bake for around 45 minutes, or until cooked through. Allow to cool in tin.
- Store the ice cream bread in an airtight container at room temperature.
- Store this ice cream bread in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.
- This bread is suitable for freezing. Freeze in an airtight container for up to 3 months. Thaw at room temperature before enjoying.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 123Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 12mgSodium: 245mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 1gSugar: 6gProtein: 3g