Household uses for Peppermint Oil
Peppermint Oil has many household uses, and we have listed just a small selection here. Always make sure you buy a high quality Peppermint Oil, one that is 100% pure oil, with no other ingredients. Also remember, Peppermint Oil is potent, so use it sparingly and discontinue use if you experience discomfort.
- Add 4-5 drops of Peppermint Oil to 120ml of water, and spray plants to kill aphids.
- Mix a 15ml bottle of Peppermint Oil into an 18 litre can of paint to dispel the paint fumes.
- To deter rodents, ants and cockroaches, place 2 drops of Peppermint Oil on a cotton ball and place along the path or point of entry for these pest.
- Add 2 drops to your wash load for ‘fresh’, Peppermint scented laundry.
- Add about 1 drop per 500ml of vinegar cleaning solution to give a pleasant scent.