Honey joys are the ultimate Australian kids party treat. They are so simple to make, and are always a hit with both children and adults.
Kids party recipes
Searching for kids party food ideas? Take a look at the recipes below:
Tips for perfect honey joys
How long do honey joys keep?
Honey joys will keep for up to a week in an airtight container. Store the honey joys in the fridge to help keep them crispy.
Can honey joys be frozen?
Honey joys are not suitable for freezing.
My honey joys are falling apart
If you find your honey joys are not sticking together, try upping the sugar amount. Reducing the amount of sugar and increasing the amount of honey will not work, as the sugar is what makes the honey joys stick together.
Honey joys recipe
- 1/3 cup caster sugar
- 75g butter
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 4 1/2 cups cornflakes
- Preheat oven to 180c fan forced. Line a 12 hole muffin tin with paper cases and set aside.
- Combine the caster sugar, butter and honey in a saucepan, and stir over a low heat until the butter has melted and the mixture is smooth.
- In a large bowl combine the cornflakes with the honey mixture. Divide the mixture between the paper cases.
- Bake for 8 minutes, The honey joys should be golden but not browned.
- Allow to cool completely.
- Store the cooled honey joys in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 1 week.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 109Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 13mgSodium: 117mgCarbohydrates: 16gFiber: 0gSugar: 8gProtein: 1g