LCM bars are popular with kids, but as with all prepackaged treats, they are not cheap! Our Homemade LCM Bars are a fraction of the price to make, and will only take you a minute or two to mix together. They are as simple as melting butter and marshmallows in the microwave, and mixing through the rice bubbles.
- 240g rice bubbles
- 125g butter
- 250g marshmallows
- Line a slice tin with baking paper and set aside.
- In a large microwave safe bowl, melt the marshmallows and butter in the microwave in 30 second increments. Stir until well combined.
- Add the rice bubbles to the marshmallow mixture and stir until well combined.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared slice tin and press down firmly with the back of a metal spoon. Add sprinkles at this point if using.
- Place in the fridge for at least 2 hours to set before slicing.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 1 week.
- Suitable for freezing. Freeze in an airtight container for up to 3 months. Defrost at room temperature.
- This mixture will be very sticky thanks to the marshmallows. You may find a metal spoon makes it easier to work with.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 167Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 22mgSodium: 84mgCarbohydrates: 23gFiber: 0gSugar: 12gProtein: 1g